Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Stacey Dash: ‘There Shouldn’t Be a Black History Month’ -- Morgan Freeman: Black History Month Is 'Ridiculous'

By Michael W. Chapman

Actress and author Stacey Dash, who is black, repeated her belief that “there should not be a Black History Month” because blacks are integral to the history of the United States and their contributions cannot be delegated to just one month. This is a view that actor Morgan Freeman has expressed, telling 60 Minutes, for instance, “I don’t want a Black History Month.”

During an interview about her new book, There Goes My Social Life: From Clueless to Conservative, Dash was asked about her views on Black History Month and how she had been criticized for them.......In a 60 Minutes interview in 2005, actor Morgan Freeman said he did not want a Black History Month. The exchange between reporter Mike Wallace and Freeman occurred as follows:

Wallace: “Black History Month, you find ...”
Freeman: “Ridiculous.”
Wallace: “Why?”
Freeman: “You're going to relegate my history to a month?”
Wallace: “Come on.”
Freeman: “What do you do with yours? Which month is White History Month? Come on, tell me.”
Wallace: “I'm Jewish.”
Freeman: “Okay. Which month is Jewish History Month?”
Wallace: “There isn't one.”
Freeman: “Why not? Do you want one?”
Wallace: “No, no.”
Freeman: “I don't either. I don't want a Black History Month. Black history is American history.”
Wallace: “How are we going to get rid of racism until ...?”
Freeman: “Stop talking about it. I'm going to stop calling you a white man. And I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man. I know you as Mike Wallace. You know me as Morgan Freeman.

See More Here

No comments:

Post a Comment