Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Gary Johnson: ‘Abolish the IRS’

By Rob Nikolewski July 14, 2014 13 Comments

SANTA FE, N.M. — For 2012 Libertarian Party presidential candidate and former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson, the ongoing controversy at the Internal Revenue Service is further proof the agency should be eliminated.  “Imagine life without having to deal with the IRS,” Johnson told New Mexico Watchdog in an interview just two days after a new development in the IRS story, in which former IRS official Lois Lerner warned colleagues to be careful about what they write in emails amid congressional inquiries.

“None of it surprises me,” Johnson said. “To a higher degree or a lesser degree this is what happens when you have bureaucrats in charge that can manipulate the system any way they so choose.”  A federal judge on Thursday ordered IRS officials to explain under oath how Lerner’s emails disappeared and how they might be recovered……To Read More…..

My Take - I left the link to the comments because they make worthwhile reading.  I have a problem with libertarian views on mind altering drugs.  You'll have to read the article to understand why this is "My Take" on this IRS article. 

I've concluded something about “mind altering drugs” since I've had both my knees replaced and my appendix removed in the last 18 months. It took me a long time to get over the effects of the anesthetic. After my knees were replaced I had three months off so I worked on my book finishing three chapters with two more partially finished.  Then I went back to work in April and didn't look at it again until September. In order to make sure I had continuity I started to re-read what I had written.  What a shock!  As I read I kept saying – what a load of crap!  Yet it all seemed perfectly good when I did it, although all during that time I never felt mentally sharp, and that lasted for a year to lesser and lesser degrees as the months rolled on.  I had trouble concentrating and staying focused, and I believe this was a lingering effect of the anesthetic! That in my view makes anesthetics mind altering drugs.  Necessary, but the impact on the mind is very real and long lasting, and I only had it done to me twice in 18 months.  What happens when someone is exposing themselves to illegal mind altering drugs monthly, weekly or daily? 

Back in the 1950’s there were more guns per ratio than now, and yet we didn’t have these rampaging maniacs killing people in restaurants, military bases, etc.  What is the difference?  As a society we subscribed to a Judaic/Christian moral ethic and illegal drugs were rare in society as a whole.  I believe the drugs cause these insane actions and I believe the abandonment of Judaic/Christian values leads to the unchecked use of illegal drugs. 

Libertarian views on mind altering drugs are disturbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment